KOURTNEY CHRISTOPHER PAIGE

KOURTNEY CHRISTOPHER PAIGE
kourtney36@msn.com

Monday, April 5, 2010

WLBT WEDNESDAY MARCH 31, 2010


Today I assisted the newsteam with the behind the scenes of putting together the newscast. This included moving a chair for Rob Jay in Sports from the floor to the set all by myself. The production crew did tell me "thank you" so I got my pat on the back. I think I'm in now. Today our news director, Dennis Smith had me to interview a irate woman who was upset over unwanted phone and text messages. She wanted help from "Three On Your Side" but it wasn't a story idea that was approved because it didn't have enough newsworthy content to develop it. Mr. Smith did give me the chance to interview her so that was a good thing. Today I passed out more scripts and searched for story ideas. I watched the newscasts in the studio and control room alongside the producers and directors. This is just an overview to get a feel for how the operation works. I plan on going out on stories, writing, editing, and producing more next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment